EVENT DETAILS :
- Start Date:15-09-2018
- End Date:15-09-2018
- Start Time:11:30
- End Time:08:30
- Location:Eagle Ridge Golf Club
Friends and Supporters,
This year marks the 10th Annual Frempong Fighting Autism Charity Golf Tournament in support of PLAY!
I founded PLAY (Physical Lifestyles for Autistic Youth) in 2010 to bring structured physical activity to children, like my sons Junior and Josiah, who live with autism.
Autism is a mysterious puzzle that is more prevalent than pediatric cancer, AIDS, and diabetes combined. 1 in 68 children will be diagnosed with autism. Astonishingly, that number is four times greater for boys than for girls, with 1 in 42 being diagnosed.
My husband George and I believe that no child should sit on the sidelines. We have seen first-hand how children with autism shy away from sports and struggle in team activities. The weekly PLAY program encourages the development of motor and social skills and teaches the fundamentals of sports such as soccer and basketball. Since we began, we’ve had a lot of great feedback from the children in our program and their families.
In 2017, thanks to the generous support of our donors and volunteers, we were able to expand the program to include a second PLAY center in Mississauga to help even more autistic children live active lifestyles.
Ways to support:
• Sponsor the tournament and receive one golf foursome, four dinner tickets, and multiple logo and sponsor recognitions on and off course
• Advertise in the event program and elevate your business
• Donate to the silent auction and raffles
• Sign up to golf as an individual or with your colleagues and friends
• Join us for dinner and the silent auction following the tournament
• Support a friend or family member by donating to their fundraising efforts
Join George and I as well as the team of PLAY supporters in our fight against autism on September 15, 2018 at the Eagle Ridge Golf Club. We have included a sponsorship and registration package for your review.
We look forward to hosting you,
Founder & Chair of PLAY